*This service to be phased out as plans are updated or as annual ISPs are implemented through 10/31/17.
In-Home Skill Building (individual or group) is a service that provides habilitation and skill building to enable an individual to acquire and maintain skills that support independence.
Services include training and support in:
- interpersonal skills and development
- making and maintaining personal relationships
- increasing community living skills such as shopping, recreation, personal banking
- training with therapeutic exercises
- supervision of self administration of medications
- other services essential to healthcare at home (transferring, ambulation and use of special mobility devices)
- transportation to support implementation of in-home skill building
As their names suggest, these services are to be provided in the home of the individual or the community.
Additional requirements and rules apply and will be covered during planning and training meetings with DDR Staff.